Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Working Machine Makes All The Difference







Late last night I got a fair bit of quilting done without any sewing machine hiccups. I had planned to prepare some questions for today's sewing machine tutorial but when unexpectedly my Pfaff began to purr, I had to take advantage of it! What a pleasure to sew without interruption for a change, and I'm liking how some of the quilted shapes remind me of continents or islands. Maybe I'll call it 'My Country'. This quilt really feels as though it encompasses my style and, while doing a non-objective quilt was challenging, I like working with just design elements.

2 comments:

Pam de Groot said...

I also have a pfaff and find it to be temperamental. Almost moody. In the end we have made peace and if it doesn't want to work I leave it alone and do something else or I just take it apart and clean it. Despite finding nothing wrong it seems to behave afterwards. I think it just likes a bit of attention now and again.

Yvonne said...

Pam, thanks very much for your words - 'temperamental and moody' sure fits. The woman I bought my Pfaff from told me, 'She's a Princess'and I now think those words were not only about all the top-of-the-line features Pfaff offers, but that it expects to be treated royally and is given to whims!