Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Artist date at Knotty by Nature







Once a week I'm getting out with my camera to some place that interests me as a way to gather images and feed my muse. I could use a photo such as the one of the window ledge for inspiration for a fabric piece - the various textures and lines are what drew me. Thanks to my Victoria Quilt Guild newsletter, I heard about a new store and went to check it out. Knotty by Nature has oodles of roving that can be bought in amounts of your choosing - and - I found a hand needle felter there and foam! They also stock Treenway silk roving, which I love - and many other products which I'm so glad are now available in Victoria. I also dipped into Chintz and Co. - to the remnant bins where I got a monet-like pastel watercolour upholstery fabric and a kind of shimmery green mesh. (Not that I need any more fabric :) Also, two friends surprised me with a gift for two lessons on my Pfaff - either a more experienced sewer will solve my tension problems or I will think about getting a different machine!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I will have to re-read the Guild newsletter and check them out -- I may need roving in my latest endeavour!