I belong to an monthly art quilt group and one of the members handed out a rectangle of fabric with a challenge to create something with it. It brings Monet's water lilies to mind and I decided yesterday to combine fusing snippets in an impressionist style exploration of value. I selected like colours in a range of values and began laying them down. So far, it looks like a Christmas wreath, which is not what I want, but I will continue working with it today to see if that shifts as I add more snippets. I'm not sure if using contrasting colours detracts from the focus on value, but I believe it shouldn't if I keep the reds to a minimum. The pieces are not stitched so I can still move them.