Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Artist Date


I noticed feeling reluctant to go on my 'artist date' today - I was thinking I could be working on my quilt. However, I remember how refreshed I feel after I give myself this weekly rejuvenation and I think that provides balance. A few hours spent on no particular task but just for 'fun' can seem so extravagant. Enroute to Cloth Castle, I dipped into a bakery where one cake was labelled 'The Ultimate' and was on for half price. I asked them to write the above phrase on it which shows you how much fun I was already having! I'm in love with the brown and turquoise fat quarter and I imagine making a bag with it. Just having these fabrics in my studio and seeing them now and again will give me so much pleasure and arouse visions of possibilities...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Y: I love how your blog is progressing. I have been busy with Susan Jones' collage, design class- quite fun- at Satin Moon

Yvonne said...

Thanks, Jan - I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about what you're doing in Susan's class.