Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tulista Textiles Show

Last night I attended the opening of a fibre arts show put on by the group 'The Colour Connection', in Sidney, and was very pleased that I went. Four group members have over 40 works hung - alot of hand-dyed fabrics, free form piecing and some really exquisite pieces. I met a few other members of FAN while I was there - and that was particularly relevant because I am leaving on a trip tomorrow with the first stop being Madeira Park to see Fan's 'Elements' show. The deadline to participate in this show had passed before I joined the group - otherwise I might have had something of my own in it! I won't be posting for a week or so, but I'm taking emboiderey supplies, a sketchbook, my camera and coloured pens along to continue my creative endeavours. I have heard there's a great fibre shop in Nelson, which will be the farthest destination I go to - and I'm sure I'll find all kinds of goodies along the way!

No comments: