Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Over Dyeing a Sweatshirt

I found this cotton sweatshirt for 4 dollars in a thrift shop and I bought it because I thought it was the perfect candidate for a makeover. I decided to dye it first to try to get a green and brown from the original orangey rust, which did not look very attractive. I immersed it in a turquoise dye bath and did end up with green and brown with some leftover rust. Now comes the fun of auditioning fabrics and creating a design! I also finished pinning the scalloped edges of my watermelon quilt and I handsewed one side and quilted that border in the ditch.

No comments: