Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fitting It All In

I take alot of photos and choosing just a few of them to post here can be challenging. So if I collage them, I can show a few more and this also makes me think about which two go together and why - what am I trying to say? These two are similar and so different:

And it was the contrast that caught my eye here, too - arrivals from the sea with the hard, smoother, neutral coloured shell in amongst that glorious riot of seeweedy colour and texture.


I have been enjoying combining textures with felting and stitch and will post the larger photo of this in a next post. I have also sewn myself a jacket - meant to be a prototype for more interesting things to come, but I am pleased it fits and I will have something new to wear once I finish the edges.




No comments: