Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Adding Texture

Here's a case of 'losing my marbles'. And nuno felting with a bit of silk gauze I had snow dyed earlier this year when we actually got some snow. Both sides are attractive and the wool and silk roving adhered nicely.

For this one I tried adding some velvet devore strips, silk scraps and sari threads to the wool and silk roving, but I ended up covering the goodies too thickly for them to show much - oops!

And dry felting on some embroidered tulle first, followed by wet felting.

The more I experiment, the more I see how sewing and the various types of felting and materials could work together.


deanna7trees said...

ooh...some beautiful pieces. love the one with the tulle. always wondered how they got those raised holes in the felt. would never have thought of using marbles. exciting experiments.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I need to learn more about this magical process. Peace, Mary Helen

Lesley Turner said...

exciting experimentation, Yvonne

Yvonne said...

Thanks, everyone!