Saturday, May 22, 2010

Wet Felted Bag





My newly made wet felted bag is out drying on the deck. I enjoyed the whirlwind class at Knotty By Nature and hope I will remember how to make another one. We each made up our own design, choosing whether to have pockets or not, their size and whereabouts, what colours and types of wool and or silk. I've used Corriedale and silk for mine and I added a front pocket and two side pockets on the outside and I may strenthen them with some fabric lining once the bag is dry. Also, I will stitch down the salmon coloured flap and maybe add a magnetic catch or button. Very fun!

4 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Now, THAT is one cool bag design - really luv the bit of orange flap showing. Some sort of *art* button might be splendid, or rustic toggle closure...? What fun!

Yvonne said...

Thanks, Sweetpea! I'm still waiting for it to finish drying to see what else I might add...

Pam de Groot said...

Yee Har. What a great job you have done congrats.

Yvonne said...

Coming from you, with your incrdible wet felting, Pam, this is a real compliment!