Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A bit of Everything







After this morning's quilt guild meeting featuring Eileen Wright and her bargello quilts, I came home inspired to machine piece and the top photo shows what I've done so far. And yesterday I was dying to dye, so these are a few samples - more uniformly orange then what I was hoping to get, as I used yellow, orange and red, but I like the patterning. And I've started hand stitching down the waves, which turns out to be a bit tricky as the chiffon moves around even with pins. Maybe using my Pfaff would have been a better choice. I also dropped off the two quilts I have entered in this weekend's 'Quilting With The Stars' show at the Saanich Fairgrounds and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's work - there will be at least 220 quilts, other quilted items for sale and a merchant's mall.



4 comments:

jude said...

i love how the top one looks woven!

Yvonne said...

Must be your upcoming class steeping into my cloth!

Yvette said...

lots to look at!

Yvonne said...

Thanks for looking!