Friday, January 6, 2012

Walking Between

I've added a personal symbol to the cornerstone of 'Palace of the Soul'. You may recognize the image based on a Chauvet cave bear that I stitched on nunofelt last October: http://fibreheart.blogspot.com/2011/10/tracking-time.html Part of the bear is on topside fabric - representing more concrete reality - and part is on the fabric's underside - symbolizing another dimension. I have many meaningful associations with bears and love when I see one by chance in the wilds.

4 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

The bear is one of my animal guardians and I do understand the gift of seeing these magnificent creatures in the wild. They are related to our beloved dogs ...so many similarities and yet a wild animal of strength. Peace, mary helen Fernandez Stewart

deanna7trees said...

didn't remember that post in october till now. loved the bear you did back then and now. i like the other dimension symbolism and so well executed.

jude said...

more than just the bear, i really find your use of the comer as a place to express this

Yvonne said...

Mary Helen - I associate a protective quality to bears, too - as in mother bear.

Deanna - Thanks!

Jude - yes I placed the bear in the 'cornerstone' as what I am conveying there is pretty much a constant theme I seek to express.