Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bright Spots

This morning when I basted another block for Palace of the Soul, I included a bright spot of red, which is not really as bright as in this photo, but echoes the colour of another part of the cloth. And then I went to get the mail and experienced another bright spot in my day: the arrival of a bobbin lace pouch from Deanna that I won last month on her blog at: http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/. Thank you Deanna! I love the fine lace and the colour

matched the ocean today



where I saw more bright spots like this arbutus bark and a chartreuse golf ball in the sea froth


and then there was this creature buried and emerging from the sand,




which I missed at first, as I walked by, because it was covered with water, but then I went back for a look when several seagulls circled above me and one dived to inspect what it may have thought were crab legs but are actually rope. I was fooled, too.

7 comments:

deanna7trees said...

sooooooo happy you finally received the package. love seeing the frothy water and that rope looked like a red tree growing out of the water to me.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

The gift is sweet and your images of the day are pure synchronicity especially the beach and emerging creatures! Blessings! Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Nancy said...

Love those fabrics together. Yay for you to win the lovely pouch. And oh the wild sea...beautiful!

Penny Berens said...

Lucky you to have a piece of Deanna's tatting! Palace of the Soul looks like a lovely piece, Yvonne.

jude said...

there is a hint of creature in that shibori as well.

Joe Madl said...

i love that new block...what a wondrous addition to palace of the soul!!

Yvonne said...

Thanks everyone for your comments!