Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Small Steps

It's a new year and I am back to taking steps forward with 'Palace of the Soul', as well as with the studio move, after reviewing last year and deciding what's important for me to focus on, now. These unicorn hooves are not uniform in shape and size and all that blue stitching along the sides of the legs was meant to better define but ends up looking messy, up close. And - I am leaving it like that, as this cloth is an expression of soul - which is not about uniformity, conformity or so-called perfection - it's a process of learning. The studio move is at that overwhelming stage, with half my supplies remaining downstairs but not much room left for them in the new studio until I organize further. I probably need to put in some shelving. New ventures can feel like stepping out without knowing where or whether there will be support to land on. I think what's important is to keep moving - to pay attention and do the work.

4 comments:

deanna7trees said...

that stitching is very intriguing. it doesn't look messy to me. organizing a new studio sounds overwhelming but i know you will be so happy to have it when it's finished. it will be worth the effort.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am trying to reorganize my space in the studio and yes what looks like a lot of room is now almost completely full...I am moving up the walls for space I had not explored and labeling it all! Blessings, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Penny Berens said...

Good luck!

Yvonne said...

Deanna - 'intriguing' sounds much better than 'messy' - maybe intriguingly messy :)? And, yes, although there's a mountain to climb ahead, I'm sure I'll end up loving my new space.

Mary Helen - you understand exactly how it goes - even the 'climbing the walls' part :)

Penny - thanks - I'll take all the luck sent my way!