Friday, January 20, 2012

Pot Luck

I've added a few more bits to Palace of the Soul, keeping it growing little by little.

And I overdyed some wet felted wool I had previously dyed with maple leaves, this time using resists and a eucalyptus bath.



And I did a few pieces of silk, too.


Last night after being occupied with the felted book, I suddenly was shocked to realize there is that rare thing here, now - snow - and I had not even thought to do some snow dyeing! So I was determined to make that happen today and good thing, as the temperature has risen, rain is falling and the snow is rapidly disappearing.


Stay tuned for results - I've got three or four different colours of dye in each bucket and all kinds of fabrics, trims and threads prepared in a variety of ways.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Ooooh can't wait to see the snow-dying results!

deanna7trees said...

i especially love how that silk turned out.

jude said...

oh everything looks great here, you are teasing us.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Snow dyeing...I am curious on how well this process would work with large pieces of cloth??? Do you have any special advice? Blessings, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Yvonne said...

Nancy - waiting is hard for me, too!

Deanna - thanks.

Jude - thanks and a little teasing is fun.

Mary Helen - I have never done any really large pieces of cloth but I think it would work very well. Honestly, it is very haphazard what you get, but the special ones are worth it and you can always over dye to add more colour and interest. I have not done it enough to have worked out a system - if that's possible. I wasn't able to find consistent clues to do anything differently.