Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Slipping Into the Groove


Stitching with the turquoise silk thread I bought recently, I notice how smoothly it pulls through the fabric - and sometimes - right out of the needle! I've added it to alternating squares in the lower photo, that are part of the grain of the fabric, and in a square pattern on the green cotton velvet in the top photo. That cotton fabric with the existing square pattern is some I bought at the Victoria Sewing Show last year or the year before, that I have dyed in different colours and used in several of my pieces. I really like it and if you're interested to see how it looks dyed differently, click here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VcowPmEbjwI/SXkKErFQfuI/AAAAAAAAAHo/zLU0tCe5uvM/s1600-h/DSCF6263.JPG and here http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VcowPmEbjwI/ScpVX0E3ZUI/AAAAAAAAAMs/CoJraCVHiwk/s1600-h/DSCF7145.JPG A turquoise dupioni silk piece and some trim with the circles are now part of the mix, and this piece will be expanding in length over the next while.

2 comments:

jude said...

i like the stitched squares.

Yvonne said...

Thanks, Jude - I admire how whole heartedly you have been exploring squares!