Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gearing Up

Here is what I made yesterday as a base for using embroidery threads and beads to embellish it further - I like having a handwork project on the go. I've put these fabric creations on the front of fabric journal covers, or even used them as the complete journal fabric, but I can see many other potential applications. I'm continuing to fuse fabrics and pack supplies for the Sue Benner workshops. Tomorrow night I will attend a presentation she is giving, along with Pamela Allen. I can't wait to see her art quilts!


2 comments:

Laura said...

Yvonne
Have an amazing time at the Sue Benner workshop.
Is your fabric creation "wet felted" or some other technique? I love the texture and could grab it off the page and embellish it myself!

Yvonne said...

Thanks for your enthusiastic response, Laura! I've sandwiched bits of fibre,fabric and yarns between two layers of organza and fusible web and then free motion stitched and heat gunned the edges.