Sunday, January 30, 2011

Home is Where the Heart is

Some of us in Contemporary Woven Boro are making hearts to hang outside in February - scraps of colour to beckon spring. Mine is a soft flowering heart with roots - like a prayer flag for growth. And this is all made from used clothing or garage sale scraps. I dreamed of making a weaving that had these half circles as part of the design. I'm not sure it's quite how I want it, but this is where it's at so far.
I am so enjoying myself and have a deepening sense of home.

7 comments:

jude said...

oh the curves are great!

Karen said...

Wow, that is really great! I love the background fabric, and what you've done with the old patchwork is really creative. Love it!

Gracie said...

I followed you over from cwb. This dream-inspired piece is so wonderfully original. Not a copy of any style; feels 'new' and 'traditional' all at once. And your heart is so wonderful.

Barbara said...

Hi,
I do love the heart and the beautiful half circles!
Very best wishes,
barbara

Shishi said...

I had to come over from CBW to see what was going on and I'm glad I did.

wow...you've been busy. The circles are so inventive...and I do get the feeling of old and contemporary at the same time. Nice job.

CCK said...

I'm here too from cwb - the heart sings and the half circles a bit of silk?

Yvonne said...

Thanks very much, everyone! CCK - the half circles are cotton - no silk in that one.