Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Drum Roll

I dropped into Knotty By Nature a few days ago, where I had fun learning to use their drum carder and I combined some merino, bamboo and silk fibres into a batt ready for further play. Watching those colours blend is intoxicating! I also picked up more thread, needles and two new feet for my Pfaff - which I haven't tried, yet. In this zigzag stitch sample, I discovered what you may already know but is new to me - that I can make diamonds by returning in the opposite direction. Diamonds are a favourite shape of mine.
I did try out all of my Pfaff's stitches - except the buttonholes, the alphabets and combining sequences of different stitches. Having this record has already come in handy.

There is such variety and every stitch has yet more because their shape can be altered in length and width - not to mention colour and types of thread I might use. The animals brought up the end of the sampler, with the butterflies in last place at 195 - now it's up to me to take take flight!





No comments: