Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Today's Yield

I felt like machine piecing, today, and made this by deciding what to sew where, one piece at a time: I also started making some curved pieced blocks and have two sewn, so far. I'm interested in seeing what happens when I put them together. I have been wanting to do this for a long time, so I'm pleased to finally experiment with it.
And yesterday after fibre artist Gloria Daly's presentation at the Victoria Quilt Guild meeting, I went up island to see a mixed media show - 'Thread and Paint Revolution' by Lara Scarr - only the gallery was closed during their open hours - too bad!

3 comments:

Penny Berens said...

Hi Yvonne, am really drawn to the brown one, because of the colour and that shot of blue and orange. oh, yes and it's curvey!
So frustrating about the gallery being closed...that's happened to me too.

jude said...

i like the top one. very simple and abstract.

Yvonne said...

Thanks, Penny and Jude!