Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Before and After

I've spent some time playing with wools and additions to past works in progress, as well as creating in other mediums and dyeing over the last few days. I wanted to overdye some fabrics to see if I could improve them and here are a few 'before and after' shots which I still plan to take further:
Both are on linen.
I really like how this turned out - it looks like trees, to me, with falling leaves and is on flannel.

And today I dyed yellows on silk velvet, and cotton.

Small hit and miss steps of learning, changing me along with the fabric.



4 comments:

jude said...

love the blue one.

deanna7trees said...

oh, me too, the blue one.

Penny Berens said...

Dyeing, whether with bright procion or soft nature, is such fun. I find overdyeing really can add depth and lots of glorious surprises!

Yvonne said...

Jude and Penny - thanks and it was a thrill finding the trees there. Penny, I agree totally and I want to explore further with overdyeing. I have a few small pieces dyed by Elin Noble - and they are to dye for :)