Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Artist Date to Willows Beach Area




Today while out running errands, I had an urge to go to the dollar store even though it wasn't on my list. I read in a book yesterday that to stop your sewing machine pedal from slipping around, you can put that non-slip kind of rubbery stuff underneath it. I also had been thinking about getting a spray bottle so I can wet fabric prior to painting. Neither of these items was on my mind, but right outside the dollar store were two bins - one filled with spray bottles and the other with rolls of the rubbery stuff. I guess it was meant to be :) On my artist date I found this lovely Czech glass button and a bit of roving, as well as near-fluorescent orange thread. Later, while I was basking in the sun and the view of the completely calm ocean, crows kept flying overhead steadily in small groups where they gathered en masse at Cattle Point. I heard a sudden rush of waves and imagine the crows were waiting for the tide to turn and expose their dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne
That button is luscious. I'm sure it will find a home in your work very soon. I find buttons soooo
tempting.
I have my Fad project partially done and one of my collage pieces is pretty close. I'm very pleased with the collage piece, not so much for FAD.
See you soon.

Yvonne said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've created!