Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Green Rising

I can feel growth rising in me right along with spring and all of nature's uplifting beauty. I've been on a retreat with six other fibre artists at Honeymoon Bay and what a pleasure that was. Nourishing walks, talks, food and shared excitement over present and future work.

We each brought our own pieces to work on.


I had collaged two photos onto some snow dyed silk to create 'Green Woman' and I added coloured pencil and machine embroidery. It's not complete yet, but you can see the initial image followed by one after I added colour to another after I've added thread. I wanted to maintain a sense of the ephemeral while also adding further dimensionality.


I am thinking about ground already covered, and what further ground I want to explore...







2 comments:

Ferg 'N' Jude said...

I like your idea of the collaged image with stitch over the top. It gives it lovely texture and dimension. Very nice.

Yvonne said...

Thank you!