Friday, November 12, 2010

Seeing Green

Lots of learning today! We spent some time with colour contrast, and here's a bit of frosty contrast I saw this morning, before class - I must have guessed we'd be discussing temperature :)I made various colour scales exploring green - the colour I've chosen to work with - to deepen my understanding of its value, intensity and temperature. I'm appreciating the learning, which is amplified by seeing and hearing about the colour explorations other students are doing.
And I've begun stitching a design focusing on contrasts of value and intensity. Some of the fibres are strips of silk and I'm delighting in combining various kinds of 'threads', because of all the delicious textures.
The colour green suits this class - Lesley uses a timer to keep us on track and growing!

3 comments:

Sweetpea said...

I'm with ya on the greens...my fave color. Luv what is happening with the diversity of *threads* here!

Penny Berens said...

Love what's hapening with your stitching! Wish I could take the mark making course with you!

Yvonne said...

Thanks Christi - I'm enjoying 'sprouting' new shoots :)

Penny, thanks, and that would be so great if you were in the class, too. I thought of the appealing needle weaving you showed on your blog when I started this.