Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bounce

I knew that this horse I drew would be challenging to needle turn applique because of its irregular and small shape, but I decided to try it anyway. Sometimes I am not as successful as I wish - however - I think the horse leaping over the rainbow expresses the importance of taking the leap and not being deterred by the unknown . My piece 'Weaving the World' did not get into the Sooke Fine Arts juried show.
And, I will focus on new views to growth.

I've added the word 'bounce' because it came to me in a dream last night and made me think of the importance of being resilient - of bouncing back and continuing to seek new growth. So I continue to stitch...



2 comments:

jude said...

oh what do "they" know anyway? ha! i love your horse, and the word bounce!

Yvonne said...

Thanks, Jude - yes, that horse has alot of sky left to explore...