Friday, October 16, 2009

Crossing Edges



Yesterday I finally got back to work after doing some studio reorganization and putting away the supplies I took to the Sue Benner workshops. I felt blocked and lethargic after being away from creating, while I've been dealing with other things. So, I mustered my will and just got going. I decided to quilt this small piece and then finish the edges as Sue finishes some of hers, using satin stitch and 'tassels' on the corners. Hers look much better - but then, this is my first attempt! I'm calling this one 'Warrior' because it looks like half of a masked, horned face with sharp points - a reminder to be strong and push past our edges.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Yvonne
I'm enjoying the movement in this one! I really like the impact of the circular quilting in the piece.
I'm glad you've had some time to create!

Unknown said...

Hi Yvonne, What a delight to find your blog, and see what you've been up to. Such beautiful work! As always, you're an inspiration to me.
Joan

Yvonne said...

Thanks, Laura! And Joan, thanks, too - nice to hear from you and I'm glad you found my blog!