Monday, June 29, 2009

Shifting Gears


I've been stalled at the quilting stage of the art quilt I was working on - not from lack of ideas but more a loss of interest and desire to do something else. It's in the sewing machine just barely begun and waiting for further attention. I usually work on one quilt, seeing it through until it's completed, but perhaps I am ready to shift that pattern to having several on the go. I've also taken some time to reassess where I'm at in terms of the goals I set at the start of the year, noting what I've accomplished, what's left to do and adjustments I've made such as not blogging every day. I've also been thinking about what I might teach a group of fellow art quilters at our next meeting, and have been feeling the urge to explore further with curved piecing. Yesterday I saw this fabric - in the photos above - that I had painted and decided to expand it with stitch - so that's what's unfolding now.

No comments: