Saturday, February 22, 2014

Felt Feutre - Last September

 Okay, so this is a different type of fiber than you expect to see here, but this to-die-for Quinoa Pudding at the Harbour House Hotel's restaurant fortified me for my first day of a Vessel making workshop with Andrea Graham.  She is extremely knowledgeable and helpful and there was a lot of information to take in and sampling to try!
The workshop was held at ArtSpring over the course of two days and many other workshops were also taking place over the course of the week, as well as a fabulous Contemporary Canadian Felt Exhibition, lectures, trunk shows, a fibre shop and a felt fashion show.  The whole event was an incredible feat thanks to the creator Fiona Duthie and many volunteers.
 I arrived with an idea to make a fish bowl, which I modified in order to include as many techniques as I could.
This is the back of 'Fish Catcher' and I was delighted to have dipped my toes into the learning.

No comments: