Sunday, May 27, 2012

Growing Colour

I was out to Sidney today to see 'Confluence II', a very enjoyable show put on by the fibre art group 'Colour Connection'.
Here is Kristen Rohr with some of her beautiful map pieces that include routes traveled by young salmon.
And Susan Duffield had a variety of gorgeous stitched, natural dyed pieces, as well as this one she was hand stitching, coloured with indigo and madder.
Susan has been growing her own indigo for years and generously offered me some plants!
They are in their new homes now and later this summer I will have a chance to try them out on cloth.

8 comments:

deanna7trees said...

wow. wish my indigo plants looked that good. mine are growing about 1/8" a week. love the indigo and madder quilt that is being stitched.

Yvonne said...

Deanna - I was surprised at how big these are already, too. I would think yours would do so well in your warm climate.

deanna7trees said...

yes. i don't know what the problem is. i'm waiting for them to just take off one day. at least they are still alive.

Quiltgirl said...

Hi Yvonne - sorry I missed you at the show - thanks for coming out and for your kind words. Good luck with the indigo plants!

Yvonne said...

Quiltgirl - yes, I haven't seen you in awhile and it would have been nice to. I couldn't make the opening. Nice pieces and I'll take all the luck I can get!

Yvonne said...

Quiltgirl - yes, I haven't seen you in awhile and it would have been nice to. I couldn't make the opening. Nice pieces and I'll take all the luck I can get!

jude said...

plants! great.

Yvonne said...

Jude - this time round I hope to get blue.