Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hearts and Flowers

I like how there is such a value contrast within the folds of the hem of this faded table cloth material and I had been anticipating using some of it. Some areas have a softer fade. The heart is silk satin I dyed. Palace of the Soul is now covered with fabrics and three quarters basted together. I am eager to remove those last pins so that I can add detail.
I like the 3D fringe of this part and I may add other colours of frayed fabric to enhance that.


I have cleared my table and will focus next on completing organizing my old basement studio, which is going to be where I will do more dyeing experimentation.


Last week I had an opportunity to learn a new stitch - only I decided not to count and just to eyeball it and see what happened. Even though it's not a correct interlaced double herringbone, I enjoyed myself and like the results and can see how I could alter it in many possible ways.



And I received year three of my blog in book form in the mail - I like having a hard copy for quick reference and to remember where my muse has gone over the course of a year.

3 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I wish you lived closer to me here in Ohio...I am embarking on a huge project that requires many hours of the dyeing process. Happy Valentine's Day! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

jude said...

your large cloth is coming along beautifully, the shape is really working as a container...

Yvonne said...

Mary Helen - you are going to be busy, by the sounds of it - all the best with your project!

Jude - thank you and that's good to hear.