Monday, May 10, 2010

Hatley Castle Treasures







I was walking in the gorgeous gardens at Hatley Castle yesterday, as part of the Mother's Day Art Walk tour featuring artists painting en plein air on the grounds, when I spied what I thought was a Eucalyptus tree and sure enough, it was a 'ghost gum', so I gathered some leaves from the ground below for future natural dyeing experiments, since these trees are not native here. I took a ton of photos - the stained glass panel was inside the castle and the sheep was at Coast Collective Gallery's booth - there were numerous art and craft venues displaying their work and the gallery was also open for viewing. The photo of old linens and laces is a jacket I bought from Mary Brownscombe, who combines them in interesting ways. It was a fabulous day.



No comments: